If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (912) 264-6094

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

NOAA Predicts "Above Average" Hurricane Season

8/8/2022 (Permalink)

Green van and back of flame semi truck We are always here to help!

With a fairly quiet 2021 Hurrican Season, experts with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) predict an “above-average” 2022 Atlantic hurricane season. NOAA predicts 14 to 21 named storms, including three to six major hurricanes.

NOAA says there is a 65% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of a near-normal season, and a 10% chance of a below-normal season.

SERVPRO of Brunswick remains prepared for all forecasts for severe weather in Coastal Georgia. The last major Hurricane that hit the Georgia coast was, Hurricane Michael. A "Major Hurricane" is classified of anything from a CAT 3- CAT 5 Hurricane. Ranging in wind speeds over 110MPH! With Hurricane Michael in 2018, the rainfall fortunately was only 6.8 inches due to how fast the storm moved through the area. 6.8 inches of rain still caused tremendous damage to local homes and businesses. 

Remember SERVPRO of Brunswick is always here to help assist our neighbors.


Other News

View Recent Posts