Dryer Fire in Brunswick
The SERVPRO of Brunswick responded to a call after a dryer fire at a local hotel in early January. The hotel management responded quickly by closing the laundry room door containing the flames until emergency officials arrived. Everyone was able to escape the fire without injuries and emergency officials were able to put out the flames quickly.
Dryer fires are one of the leading causes of house fires in the United States. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) every year there is over 15,000 home fires caused by clothing dryers and the failure to clean dust, fiber, or lint from the vents.
Here are helpful tips for clothes dryer safety:
- Have your dryer installed by a professional.
- Do not use the dryer without a lint filter.
- Clean lint filter with each use.
- Have a service professional clean the dryer vent to blow out any trapped dust, fibers, and or lint that may be trapped in the line.
- Be sure the outdoor vent covering opens when dryer is in use.
The SERVPRO of Brunswick is proudly offering dryer vent cleanings throughout the year to ensure dryer safety.